Autumn and winter are here; which means warm, crockpot dinners are the most comforting meals ever in the cold evenings. This is an awesome recipe that I wrote down a long time ago & haven’t had it in forever. I got it somewhere online but since I can’t remember where, I figured I’d post it. If this is your recipe, comment and tell me & I will be happy to give you the credit! [I did tweak it a little bit]
I recommend making a large portion, as in maybe double this, if you have a huge appetite or love leftovers like me, because I remember when I did make this it only fed me 3-4 times. I am going to make it again this weekend because now that I have come across it, I remember how delicious it was & I enjoy how easy crockpot meals are. Hope you enjoy, here you go!
- 2 lbs. 99% fat-free ground turkey
- 1 chopped onion
- 5 cloves minced garlic (I am lazy & used the minced garlic in the jar)
- 10-12 tomatoes chopped & crushed up
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- Couple Squirts of Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained (add black beans if you want to as well)
- 2-3 chopped red & green bell peppers
- Couple shakes of salt & pepper
- 3 Tbsp chili powder (I like spicy chili so I put in a more generous amount along with some cayenne pepper)
- Pinch of oregano
Saute the onion & garlic for few minutes, then add your ground turkey and cook until it’s browned. Drain the grease off and place all the ingredients into a crockpot. Cook on low heat for 6-7 hours. Stir, top with some shredded cheese if you’d like & enjoy!
Figuring nutrition on homemade meals is complicated but I can tell you that there are around 35g of protein per cup just from the turkey and beans & it is very low carb, especially after you figure the net carbs due to the fiber in the beans. [Carbs – Fiber = Net Carbs]
Ps. this would make a great tailgate meal!
Thanks for reading!
Comment below & tell me how you liked it!